Indian Grocery items in Seoul, Korea
A common query we receive from Indians moving to Korea for the first time is about the Indian Grocery items available in Korea. Specially vegetarians who have to cook their own food. Vegetables are commonly available in any Korean market or vegetable mart. But for other Indian grocery you will have to visit Foreign Mart and Marhaba in Seoul.
For online shopping you can visit – Indian Shop in Korea and Expat Mart Korea (contributed by Shyam P). They provide Home Delivery Anywhere in Korea for 3000 Won and Free delivery on orders over 80,000 Won. For more information you can call them on 010 2333 7090.
So here is the rundown of the common grocery items available. Most of them are from Indian subcontinent but some are from other Asian countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia etc.
Most of the grocery items available here in Seoul are:
- Rice – Thai rice, Jasmine rice, Basmati rice are easily available. For daily cooking people use Thai rice.
- Wheat – Pillsburry and various branded atta is available. Some shops also provide loose atta which works out cheaper.
- Spices – Garam masala powder as well as saboot (whole) are available. Apart from that you can also get ready made spices for sambar, chhole, chat, rajma, chicken, vegetable etc.
- Daal – pulses like udad daal, masoor daal, tuver daal, moong, masoor daal, rajma, chhole channa, brown channa etc.
- Ready to cook – lot of ready to cook sabji, parathas, rotis are available. Ready made Idli mix, Dosa Mix, Gulab Jamun mix are available.
- Oil – ground nut oil, soya bean oil, olive oil, sun flower oil
- Ghee – pure from Amul and other brands.
- Snacks – from Haldiraam.
- Sweets – jalebi, gulab jamun, son papdi.
- Other times like paneer, poha, rava, maida, condensed milk, curd, ginger garlic paste, sour cream, different types of sauces, maggi, dhania, jeera, mustard seeds, haldi (turmeric powder), chilli powder, imli, kokam, grated coconut, sabudana and many other items.
The availability of all the above items are subject to change as per the items stocked in the shop.