Full-time Faculty Positions at Kyungsung University, Busan
Full-time Faculty Positions: Open Invitation
Kyungsung University, one of the top universities in Busan, is currently inviting full-time professors to apply for the following non-tenure track positions starting on September 1, 2011 as follows.
1. Subject Areas (Non-tenure track position)
|College||Department||No. of Openings||Field of Specialization||Minimum Qualifications(Eligibility)|
|Liberal Arts||Education||1||Special Education||◎ A Doctoral degree|
|Law and Political Science||Public Administration||1||Public Administration, Public Choice Theory||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Commerce and Economics||Accounting||1||General Business||◎ A Bachelor’s degree or higher|
|E-Business||1||Business English||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Science||Nutrition and Human Care||1||Consumer Economics||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Physical Therapy||1||Kinesiology||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Engineering||Architecture||1||Architectural Design||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Mechatronics Engineering||1||Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Multimedia||Theater and Film||1||Movie Planning||◎ A Master’s degree or higher|
|Mass Communication||1||Journalism or Mass Communication or Communication||◎ A Master’s degree or higher◎ Native English Speaker|
a) Applicants must be eligible for appointment according to private university regulations and satisfy the requirements for employment as a Korean government official.
b) Applicants must be able to deliver lectures in English.
c) Applicants must hold the minimum specified degree or higher in the designated field of specialization.
- Bachelor’s degree holders should also have over three years teaching or research experience in 4-year colleges, universities, government agencies or research institutes.
- Master’s degree holders should also have over one year teaching or research experience in 4-year colleges, universities, government agencies or research institutes.
- Doctoral degree holders should have their degree in the field(s) specified above.
3. Screening Procedure
Screening is done based on application documents and interviews. Applicants abroad can have interviews through Skype.
4. Application Process and Required Application Documents
a) Stage 1 (preliminary screening): This applies to all applicants.
- Application Form (Download at http://ks.ac.kr/pages/KH00145.php)
- Final Degree Certificate 1 copy
- Academic Transcript from the final degree program 1 copy
b) Stage 2 (secondary screening): This only applies to successful candidates from Stage 1 who will be notified individually.
- Self-Introduction Video (Approximately 5 minutes / WMV File format only)
- Demonstration of lecture Video (Approximately 15 minutes / WMV File format only)
c) Stage 3 (tertiary screening): This only applies to successful candidates from Stage 2 who will be notified individually.
- Degree Certificates (B.A., M.A., Ph.D.): 1 copy of each
- Academic Transcripts (B.A., M.A., Ph.D.): 1 copy of each
- Certificates of employment (to verify all experience contained in the application): 1 copy of each
- Research publications and Final Degree Thesis (dissertation): 1 copy of each
※ All application documents must be originals or properly certified copies of the original. Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a Korean or English translation.
5. Application Period and Submission of Application Documents
a) Application Period
- Stage 1 (preliminary screening): 10:00 am, Monday, June 27 ~ 5 pm, Wednesday, July 6, 2011
- Stage 2 (secondary screening): 10:00 am ~ 5 pm, Monday, July 11, 2011
- ※ Local time in Korea
b) Submission: Please submit all documents by e-mail or in person to the following address
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
※ When submitting documents by email, please ensure that the file name in question includes the applicant’s name and field of specialization.
- o In person: Faculty Affairs Office (4th floor), Multimedia Information Building, Kyungsung University, 309 Suyeong-Ro (Daeyeon-Dong), Nam-Gu, Busan 608-736, Republic of Korea
a) Only shortlisted applicants from the Stage 1 will be notified individually by e-mail
for an interview.
b) Date of Interview (planned): Wednesday, July 13 ~ Friday, July 15, 2011
c) Interview Method
- Applicants in Korea: in-person interview.
- Applicants abroad: by SKYPE
7. Employment Conditions and Benefits
a) The initial contract will be one year or two years starting on September 1, 2011. The position is non-tenure track and renewable by mutual consent after the period of initial contract.
b) Approximate salary level
※ The salary varies depending on his/her education and teaching/research experience.
|Career Years||Annual Salary|
|(Million Won)||(US Dollar)|
|Bachelor’s degree + teaching/research experience||24 ~ 30||22,150 ~ 27,690|
|Master’s degree + teaching/research experience||30 ~ 36||27,690 ~ 33,230|
|Doctoral degree + teaching/research experience||36 ~ 39||33,230 ~ 36,550|
- Tel. +82-51-663-4382~3 / Email. email@example.com
- Address: Faculty Affairs Office (4th floor), Multimedia Information Building, Kyungsung University, 309 Suyeong-Ro (Daeyeon-Dong), Nam-Gu, Busan 608-736, Republic of Korea