Senior Application Engineer at The MathWorks, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
As an Application Engineer you will work directly, sometimes in great depth, with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and help them appreciate how to apply our products toward the resolution of their problems.
Using your knowledge and experience in the fields of embedded code analysis and verification using formal methods based tools, support of software certification processes based upon industry standards (IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178), and model-based verification and testing methodologies you will establish the value and capabilities of our products in customer meetings, conference calls, through the delivery of seminars, and in the development of product demonstrations to develop a shared vision for success with customers and prospects. Thorough technical know-how and strong presentation and interpersonal skills are key ingredients in your success in this role.
MathWorks core software platforms, MATLAB and Simulink, form the foundation of a Model-Based Design environment. The integration of data analysis, algorithm development, modeling and simulation, automatic code generation, and reporting into a single software environment is becoming essential for companies that develop embedded systems for diverse applications in industries such as Automotive and Aerospace.
Verification and testing tools like Simulink Verification and Validation, Simulink Design Verifier, and the Polyspace family of products augment and enhance the Model-Based Design environment to provide capabilities such as requirements traceability, model coverage analysis, test vector generation to satisfy model coverage objectives, and code verification to prove the absence of run-time errors. As a successful Model Verification and Polyspace Application Engineer in a young and dynamic team, you will build on your experiences in verifying and testing models as well as embedded code using tools to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of the verification and testing tools as well as the Polyspace family of products from MathWorks.
- Providing technical pre-sales support and guidance to our sales organization and customers in India in the areas of code verification using Polyspace as well as model verification and testing.
- Providing training to customers on the usage of our Polyspace family of products.
- Working with prospective customers to understand their workflow and using this knowledge to build successful technical sales strategies.
- Leveraging product knowledge and industry experience to give sound recommendations on how solutions from MathWorks can improve the results of customer product development processes.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations at both small customer meetings and to larger audiences at public and private events.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models. These are generally used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications.
- Managing product evaluations – Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate our products to prove their value within the constructs of a feasibility project.
- Working closely with the worldwide MathWorks application engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products, to identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging targeting the marketplace.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- A Masters degree in engineering and 3-8 years of relevant experience preferably in the Automotive, Industrial Automation, or Aerospace industries. Or Bachelors and 5-10 years experience
- In-depth knowledge of C for developing embedded applications, for example through experience in using various IDEs and exposure to critical software development processes, is essential.
- Experience in verification of code using formal methods based tools, for example using Polyspace or comparable code verification tools, is a strong plus.
- Experience in (safety, mission, or business) critical software/system development, for example through experience of certification processes such as IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178, or similar, is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) the model based design process, especially model verification and testing, for example using tools such as or comparable to Simulink, Simulink Design Verifier, and Simulink Verification and Validation, is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Korean
- Verbal and written communication in English is essential
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 25-50% with trips generally no longer than four days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.