Faculty Position in either Biochemistry or Plant – Microbial Biotechnology (for non-Korean)
Faculty Position in either Biochemistry or plant / microbial biotechnology (for non-Korean) with School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University, KOREA
The School(Department) of Applied Biosciences, College of Agriculture and Life Science at Kyungpook National University, one of the leading universities of Korea, is seeking applicants for a faculty position at the junior or senior level to begin September, 2012. Kyungpook National University has about 1,150 full time faculties, 22,000 undergraduate students and 7,000 graduate students in Daegu, South Korea. Daegu city is one of the metropolitan cities in the southeast area of Korea with a population of 2.5 million.
At present, the School(Department) of Applied Biosciences has 23 faculty members, 3 joint faculties, 3 staffs, about 600 undergraduate students and 60 graduate students. This posting is from Major in Environment Life Chemistry (http://cals.flash21.com/eng/sub2/sub02_1_02_2.jsp?topMenuNum=2&subMenuNum=2&sub2MenuNum=1)
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate course in Biochemistry or plant / microbial biotechnology of Agricultural background. Research in Biochemistry or plant / microbial biotechnology is necessary.
Applicants are expected to have a strong academic record including a Ph.D. and post-doctoral research experience. Eligible candidates should meet the following qualifications.
(1) He/She should have non-Korean nationality and obtain a Ph.D. outside Korea. Knowledge of Korean is not required.
(2) Successful candidates should possess an outstanding potential to establish an independent research program and to mentor graduate students.
(3) Successful candidates should have a commitment to teaching under-graduate and graduate courses in English.
(4) We are seeking candidates who can either open a new research area in the School(Department) or strengthen the current research activities of the Department. We strongly encourage outstanding candidates from all subfields of Biochemistry or plant / microbial biotechnology to apply.
(1) Salary: It depends on the career of the applicant. It respects the regulations of the University and non-negotiable. The minimum starting salary is 60M Won per year (about $55,000/year when the current exchange rate, 1 USD ~ 1,100 Won, is applied). Salary is dependent upon academic credentials and experience. Average salary of assistant and associate professor in Kyungpook National University are around 66M and 77M Won. Our school(department)’s salary is quite higher than average.
(2) Other benefits as a regular faculty member, which include medical insurance and pension, etc.
(3) A faculty apartment in campus will be provided with management expenses (300,000 Won per month)
(4) Starting research fund (10M won) and an air ticket for relocation will be provided.
(1) Curriculum Vitae (form in MS-word, text, or pdf file)
(2) Publication List (form in MS-word, text, or pdf file)
(3) Copy of degree certificates and transcripts for undergraduate and graduate courses.
(4) List of 3 references with contact information (form in Word file). We will contact them directly when needed.
(5) Research plan (free format)
Please read the instructions at the end of the forms before you fill the application documents.
Other documents (copy of Ph.D. thesis, career certificates, etc.) may be required for the selected candidates.
Applications should be sent to Professor Jae-Ho Shin, School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702-701, Republic of Korea.
Electronic applications and inquiries may be sent to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of the applications will begin on Apr. 02, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.