Non-Tenure Track Visiting Professor Positions at Kaya University – Gimhae, Korea
Kaya University invites application for non-tenure track visiting foreign faculty positions (multiple positions) to begin in the fall semester of 2012. Kaya University, located in Gimhae city adjacent to Busan, the second largest city in Korea, is a small private 4-year academic institution. The university is strongly “teaching-oriented” and its primary academic focus is on providing undergraduates with more practical knowledges so that they get a better job after graduation.
The following academic fields have openings: economics, management, public administration, distribution, social welfare, early childhood education, special education, general education, general biology, anatomy and nursing.
- Position: Full-time non-tenure foreign professor. A specific rank is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Contract Period: One year (renewable) contract starting from Sep 1, 2012.3.
Responsibilities: Teaching undergraduate courses in English 12 hours per week for each of two semesters, advising students, and undertaking administrative duties. The courses may include English conversation courses if needed. In addition, teaching summer and/or winter sessions may be required. There are no research requirements.
- Foreign Nationality: All qualified foreigners are encouraged to apply regardless of ethnicity.
- Language Requirements: Since the courses will be conducted in English, successful candidates must be very fluent in English. Knowledge in Korean language is preferred but not required.
- Doctorate degree. Or Master’s degree and at least one year of full time teaching experience at college level.
- Ability to deal effectively with Korean college students. Since the courses are conducted in English and the language abilities of most students are rather limited, a certain degree of flexibility and teaching skills may be needed.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. (Maximum of 50 million Won, which equals approximately 44,000 US Dollars)
- Paid vacation : 8 weeks / year
- Housing : Studio type apartment on campus or off campus housing
- Cover letter with Resume (including recent photo with phone number and e-mail address)
- Copies of diplomas
- Copies of transcripts
- A Copy of passport
- Two Letters of reference
Note: Those applicants eligible for an interview will be requested to submit additional documents. The documents submitted by the applicants will not be returned.
Application deadline: Review of application will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Send application documents to:
Or mail your application to:
Ms. June-Young Park
Faculty Recruiting Office
208 SamGyeRo Gimhae,
South Korea 621-748
82-10-3527-6188 (From abroad);
010-3527-6188 (Within Korea)