Vice President, Sales at Rovi – Seoul, Korea
Rovi Corporation ((NASDAQ: ROVI) is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations, and has one of the world’s leading patent portfolios in this area, with more than 5100 issued patents and pending applications worldwide. The company licenses its patent portfolio to consumer electronics manufacturers, service providers and other third parties around the world. Rovi also provides its own extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos, together with industry leading entertainment data, to create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form. With the recent acquisition of Sonic, Rovi has expanded its breadth of offerings throughout the digital entertainment ecosystem to include content producers, post production digitization, distribution of content ensuring both digital rights and quality of distribution in addition to ecommerce management for content distributors. We have become an end-to-end provider of world class digital entertainment. Rovi is a global company headquartered in Santa Clara with nearly 2200 employees worldwide.
Rovi seeks a dynamic and experienced Sales leader to partner with the worldwide Sales team to develop strategies, execute on, and commercialize Rovi’s extensive digital entertainment offerings. The person in this role will directly manage the Korea sales team, and have an element of matrix management across other parts of the functional organization.
You must have a deep understanding of Sales and entertainment technology with extensive experience in assessing market opportunities. You will assist in developing strategies for sales, including: identifying potential customers, deal structuring, and key account leadership. You will understand and present changes within the market landscape as you drive your organization’s Sales goals. You will be responsible for strategic management of Rovi’s largest accounts headquartered in Korea. You will also present Korea’s strategy to relevant internal stakeholders and drive consensus as needed. As a member of Rovi’s Sales team, you must be a strong functional leader who is also an outstanding team player and prefers to work collaboratively.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15+ years of sales or account management experience in a consumer electronics company or relevant hardware or multimedia software technology company including experience managing a sales team
- Proven track record of success in customer management from nascent relationships to key strategic accounts.
- Excellent partnership with globally dispersed colleagues.
- Demonstrated success in influencing senior level decision makers in similar environments.
- Must have an understanding of the consumer market for electronics.
- Proven track record of rapidly building and assimilating teams to form proactive and revenue generating organizations.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering revenue growth.
- Fluency in Korean and English.
- Established contacts with CE companies, IC companies and multimedia software companies in the region