Blackberry Developer Evangelist at Research In Motion – Seoul, Korea
Research In Motion Limited (RIM) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, short message service (SMS) messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. RIM technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. RIM’s portfolio of products, services and embedded technologies are used by organizations worldwide and include the BlackBerry wireless solution, software development tools, and other software and hardware. RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The Developer Evangelist drives developer platform adoption and ensures developer satisfaction with BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS tools and platform technologies through BlackBerry led events, community engagement, developing relationships with community leaders, and direct account engagement with customers, including running onsite technical programs with key developer partners. This is a highly technical role with the mission of educating, engaging and inspiring the broad community of developers and fostering critical mass adoption of the BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS tools and platform technologies. The Developer Evangelist leads by example and invests heavily in cultivating productive, influential partners and community leaders.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Driving satisfaction with the existing tools and platform technologies and driving adoption of next generation mobile, Tablet OS, and web technologies by having a high level of engagement with the regional developer community through speaking events, and having an outward voice by having a strong social media presence.
- Driving satisfaction with the existing tools and platform technologies through public engagements, blog posts, sample code and articles to assist the larger developer community better understand how to successfully adopt and use the tools and platform technologies.
- Driving adoption of next generation mobile, Tablet OS, and web technologies.
- Supporting RIM-driven events such as DevCon and Developer Days.
- Running deep technical engagements with top application developer partners to drive successful adoption of BlackBerry 10 mobile platform in support of key RIM product launches.
- Engaging the broad developer and architect communities in partnership with community leaders.
- Engaging with the broad developer and architect audience through online channels.
- Support the development relations team by advocating for the development related needs of our developer communities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years of software development experience, deep mobile development acumen, outstanding presentation experience, and persuasive communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for sharing their enthusiasm and technical knowledge with the wider developer community.
- Comfort with Public Speaking at events.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science preferred or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in QNX or Linux preferred, and at least one of development tools, languages and frameworks including C/C++,Qt, Flash/AIR, or HTML5 required.
- Passion for technology with solid knowledge of mobile developer requirements and knowledge of competitive offerings including iOS, Android, and/or Windows Phone required.