Solutions Architect Job at Ooyala – Seoul, Korea
Ooyala is the leader in online video management, publishing, analytics and monetization. Its integrated suite of technologies and services give content owners the power to expand audiences through deep insights that drive increased viewer engagement and revenue from video. Companies using Ooyala technology include ESPN, Victoria’s Secret, Telegraph Media Group, Tennis Australia, The North Face, Rolling Stone, Dell, Sephora and Yahoo! Japan. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Ooyala has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, London, Sydney and Guadalajara, Mexico; and the company works with premier reseller and technology partners throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Japan and the Asia-Pacific region. For more information visit www.ooyala.com.
This role will be a key member of the Professional Service Team within the Customer Services Group and will be responsible for definition, development, rollout and enablement of business solutions and service offerings powered by Ooyala. The architect will work with other field organizations including Sales, Account Management and partners. The Solutions Architect will also collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering as the field representative on the support and development of current and future solution initiatives.
The Solutions Architect will interact at multiple levels within customer and prospect accounts and must be able to demonstrate strong technical skills, thought leadership, and have a commitment to the customer. He/she will be responsible for developing the solution, which includes: overall integration architecture, feasibility, design, and providing consultation during the implementation. A successful Solutions Architect must have a positive attitude and feel comfortable working with all levels (and degrees of technical depth) in an organization, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for technical leadership of project staff from design phase to the completion of large, multi-functional customer implementations
- Responsible for engaging the customer IT and operations groups to define the hardware and software environment required for the project
- Orchestrate, manage and deploy small- and large-scale professional services projects
- Participate in customer site visits as the Ooyala product and technology stack expert
- Define and document the integration architecture and design
- Provide guidance and act as escalation point on decisions pertaining to scope and infrastructure changes required throughout the design and deployment process
- In certain cases, directly provide integration/development assistance to the customer team of information technology professionals.
- Mentor and work with technical team members spread over multiple time zones
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving critical technical issues related to the customized solution in cooperation with customer personnel
- TRAVEL: Ability to accommodate 30%-50% travel. Travel could be project specific, requiring some extended stays on customer sites.
- A bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or EE or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of progressive technical experience
- Have demonstrated large-scale project leadership and implementation expertise
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies and concepts such as REST interfaces, SQL databases, and caching strategies at multiple application layers
- Familiarity with IP networking and Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP).
- Strong knowledge of mobile technologies (callflow) and related protocols required
- Knowledge and experience on working with Mobile Service Provider systems and services
- Understanding of development methodology and actual experience writing functional and technical design specifications
- Ability to take on a leadership role in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex business and application problems; performance analysis a big plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
- Ability to create technical documentation in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills capable of working directly with customer personnel at all levels and varying degrees of technical background
- Stand out with…
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Previous software development experience,particularly with Ruby, Python, Java, C, or C++
- Previous experience performing software development and QA
- Experience with the iOS and Android operating systems
- Experience with over-the-top devices such as connected TVs and game consoles