Technical Account Manager at Tapjoy – Seoul, Korea
Tapjoy is the leader in discovery, engagement and monetization services for mobile applications. The company’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users, drive engagement within their applications, and create incremental income by providing an ad-funded payment method. The Tapjoy network spans over 9,000 apps and 200 million global consumers on iOS, Android and emerging mobile platforms, delivering more than 1.5 million advertising completions per day to app developers and big brand advertisers. Tapjoy is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London, Paris, Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul Investors include InterWest Partners, North Bridge Venture Partners, D.E. Shaw Ventures, Rho Ventures and J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
Tapjoy is a rapidly growing company with strong revenues and solid market share. We are seeking a Technical Account Manager to ensure that customer environments are integrated and go live with the Tapjoy platform. This is a key client-facing role that is the point-of-contact for providing pre-sales technical consulting and implementation, resolving technical challenges and finding the answers to open issues during the integration process and ongoing account technical support. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Work with advertisers and developers to help/train them integrate Tapjoy products, manage and troubleshoot integration issues on an on-going basis with our partner network
- Work closely with the product, engineering and QA teams to provide customer feedback and help guide development of new products and features
- Support sales/account management teams with technical questions and issues, including demos
- Technical Q&A, and sales tools, etc.
- Develop best practices in the mobile advertising and monetization space and help Tapjoy partners optimize their apps
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-8 years as a Technical Advertising Operations Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Consultant or Client Services Engineer with an Internet advertising and/or wireless software company background
- Strong development experiences in iOS and Android platform and good working knowledge of Objective-C and/or Java
- Solid partner management skills from a previous customer-facing role, or as an engineer with external responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Korean
- Well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to excel working cross-functionally, supporting multiple groups within the company. A self-starter, someone who manages multiple projects simultaneously and drives to completion
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science is strongly desired
So…why would you want to work for Tapjoy? The real question is…why wouldn’t you?
- We are a small company doing very big things (500M devices on our network and growing)
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems – and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We’ve done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go – and now we need your help to get there