Business Development Executive – MoneyGram International – Seoul, Korea
MoneyGram International is the second-largest money transfer company in the world with business operations in two categories: Global Fund Transfer and Financial Paper Products. Through approximately 227,000 agent locations and operations in over 190 countries, the company is committed to providing affordable, reliable and convenient payment services worldwide. The company, which was founded in Minneapolis as Travelers Express, started as a small money order operation in 1940. MoneyGram headquarters moved to Dallas, TX in November of 2010, but Minneapolis remains as a large employee base for IT, Operations, Compliance, HR, Finance and Accounting. Company Facts: *The company first passed the billion dollar mark in revenue in 2006 *MoneyGram has more than twice the locations of McDonald’s, Starbucks, Subway and Walmart combined *Approximately $19 billion was sent around the world in 2010 using MoneyGram money transfer services *MoneyGram has approximately 2,400 employees around the world *The company’s call center and website supports 23 languages *In 2010, the company made revenues of $1.17 billion; Adjusted EBITDA of $254 million *The company is 82% owned by THL (53%) and Goldman Sachs (29%) *MoneyGram is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MGI
Job Description – ROLE PURPOSE
The role is accountable for supporting the Business Development Consultant in agent relationship management, network expansion, achieving budgeted volume targets, offering operational assistance to agents and the organisation of promotion executions. The incumbent will be responsible for the necessary follow up, co-ordination and resolution of all Agent issues, as directed and on behalf of the line manager.
- Develop and execute each agents action plan according to strategies set
- Work with line manager, to build and manage agent relationships
- Identify potential branch opportunities and any trends in transaction levels; suggest reasons/solutions for managing change, where appropriate
- Lead , educate and motivate agent tellers to increase MoneyGram transactions
- Proactively develop prospective sales leads for branch in the country in line with business strategy
- Assist the preparation and review of transactional forecasts along with the analysis of monthly results
- Liaise with relevant internal teams to resolve any agent-related operational, IT and telecommunication issues as they arise, including product queries, network fees, commission, financial settlement and reconciliation issues
- Provide on-going support for agents until required competence is achieved
- Co-ordinate the delivery of any re-training initiatives
- Support the Regional Operations Executive; help to produce procedures and update training materials
- Follow-up with agents to ensure smooth set-up and the speedy resolution of any initial queries
- Carry out local market research and customer analysis, as directed by line manager/regional marketing team
- Liaise with marketers in relevant offices to obtain appropriate material for marketing and promotional events, ensure marketing literature is delivered to agents within agreed deadlines.
- Monitor the success of marketing efforts and report results to Regional Product & Marketing Manager
- Participate and coordinate the promotional events targeting different communities with flexibility to work during the weekends if necessary.
- Territory: Korea
- Good standard of education.
- Region/Department: Korea
- Office/Base: Seoul
- Reports to: Business Development Consultant
- Will interact closely with designated Agents at branch and head office level throughout the region and with regional and London-based EMEAAP teams.
- Post will require ongoing travel.
- Good in English and Korean (both written and verbal) is essential.
- Some flexibility with regard to working hours will be required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 6 years experience in an account management/customer services role.
- Customer oriented with excellent negotiation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility regarding working times and locations
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic and flexible
- A degree or other qualification with a business or sales bias would be advantageous.
- Excellent and proactive customer service skills with the ability to build strong and effective relationships.
- Excellent Presentation skills – able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to think through likely cause of problems before referring them to others
- Numerate; able to analyze and interpret basic financial data
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Team player. Demonstrates a flexible approach to their work
- Computer literate – knowledge of the MS suite of packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and operating systems. Able to explain and talk through systems problems with agents face to face and over the telephone
- Comfortable with and sensitive to different cultures and socio-economic groups
- Able to commit to and demonstrate the Corporate Values: Respect, Courage, Passion, Integrity and Teamwork
- Strong communication skills in English and Korean