Sr. Marketing Manager, Hotels.com – Expedia – Seoul, Korea
Job Description – Position Overview:
To manage the Marketing brand objectives, strategies, plans, campaigns and budget for Hotels.com in the South Korea market. This role must drive the business and be responsible for growing the business for Hotels.com site for South Korea, in line with Hcom strategy in the region. The role’s key goal would be develop and optimize both online and offline marketing campaigns to drive the growth of the Hotels.com brand and business in the Asia Pacific region. The marketing manager will be expected to take on broad responsibilities of marketing across channels including but not limited to Online advertising, building marketing partnerships, Public relations, but also provide input on other marketing activities including CRM, email, and search engine marketing.
- Manage all aspects of development, implementation and evaluation of Marketing Communications, strategy and plans including both online and offline channels.
- Actively manage the online acquisition channel mix elements to ensure best overall return.
- Devise, launch and manage marketing campaigns to drive business growth for the Hotels.com brand and be responsible for top line and bottom line growth of the business through these campaigns.
- Manage all aspects of the creative development process to deliver best in class communications working with internal global teams and external agency’s as necessary.
- Work closely with the CRM, Product and Analytics team – Be the voice of the customer internally ensuring that the website(s) are delivering on our commitment to customer focus.
- Develop and manage new channels of customer acquisition such as Affiliate Programs & Email marketing programs to cost-effectively increase revenue
- Continually evaluate new media and advertising opportunities and refine plans as needed.
- Develop, implement and evaluate quarterly marketing plans.
- Represent the company at key industry conferences and maintain regular contact with key elements of the Press
- Ensure wherever possible that Hotels.com and Expedia marketing objectives and strategies are managed in synergy for best overall return and that any economy of scale opportunities are capitalised upon
- Must demonstrate particularly strong and detailed knowledge of the core online marketing disciplines, especially search, affiliates partnerships and email marketing.
- Fluency in one or more of the following Asian languages -Japanese/Korean as well as English is required. All 3 would be an additional plus.
- Strong technical skills, comfortable using multiple interfaces to gather and manipulate data – numerically driven. Must be comfortable with Excel!
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Minimum of 5 years experience of full mix (online and offline) marketing
- Experience working with large e-commerce brands would be beneficial.
- Experience managing large budgets.
- Must have undergraduate degree, MBA preferred
- Customer Focus: Passionately meets or exceeds customer expectations. Enters the customer’s world through listening and understanding. Nurtures relationships by recognizing and delivering on customer needs and opinions.
- Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, trustworthy, valued team member and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
- People Management: Ensures has the right skills and people in the right place at the right time. This applies more to the management of agency staff for now, but likely in-house employees in the future as well depending upon success in the role. Effectively manages people to achieve the best results for Hotels.com. Ensures that people receive accurate and timely feedback, feel valued, motivated and get the most out of working with Hotels.com.
- Strategy / Planning: Understands the needs and direction of the business, anticipating and developing business priorities to meet these. Embraces change and drives to improve current working practices / products/ technologies to grow the business.